By Pat Wray
October 31, 2019
If you’ve been hoping for an OWAA conference with more information about photography, and how to make it pay, if you are intrigued about the new generation of mirrorless and 4/3 cameras, if you dream of an opportunity to try out new equipment with the help of a knowledgeable professional in an incredibly beautiful outdoor setting, then our June 27-29, 2020 conference at the Jay Peak Resort in northern Vermont is the answer to your prayers.
On Friday afternoon, our own Colleen Miniuk will run a three-hour workshop on Landscape Photography and the truth is, you’d be hard-pressed to find a more beautiful landscape than that surrounding our conference center. Her sidekick in this effort has yet to be named.
- On Saturday, the lucrative and elusive world of advertising publications will be explored by a panel of retail company executives entitled Working on Company Publications with Words and Photos.
- Later that day, Karen Loke will teach a class on Taking Video and Editing it on Your Cell Phone.
- Early Sunday morning, well known New England personality and naturalist Bridget Butler (also known as the Bird Diva) will conduct a nature walk which will provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor and wildlife photography.
- On Monday morning, Hunt’s Photos rep Noah Buchanan will lead a 1.5-hour photo walk during which participants will be able to try out some of the newest equipment Hunt’s offers. Past President Paul Queneau will be there to help, as well.
- Later on, Noah will put on a workshop on mirrorless cameras. Immediately following, photography legends Joe and MaryAnn McDonaldwill conduct a workshop on 4/3 cameras.
- Gary Farber of Hunt’s Photos is arranging for camera companies to bring samples of their equipment to loan out to OWAA members for use during the conference.
- Finally, on Monday afternoon, the McDonalds will team up to judge our Photo Scavenger Hunt.
So, whether photography is your business, passion, hobby or a proven way of increasing sales of your writing, the 2020 OWAA Conference is a not-to-be-missed opportunity for you.