The Friends of the Nature Center and local author Spider Rybaak will host a kids fishing weekend on June 11-12, 2016 at the park’s Minna Anthony Common Nature Center.
Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.
Saturday fishing classes:
A basic fishing class will launch the event on Saturday. Held from 11 a.m. through 1 p.m., kids will receive instructions in bait and lure fishing at the dock behind the nature center.
- Fly-fishing will be taught from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Bait and tackle will be provided free of charge for the fishing class.
- Classes are open to kids of all ages. Anglers 16 and over must possess a current fishing license.
Sunday fishing derby:
On Sunday, a kid’s fishing derby will be held from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. A $2.00 entry fee, proceeds go to the nature center, will be charged.
- The derby is restricted to children 14 and under.
- Participants are encouraged to provide their own equipment.
- Fishing packages containing a rod and reel, and various lures and tackle will be awarded as prizes in three categories: Longest fish, heaviest fish and most fish.
The weekend is made possible through donations by the Friends of the Nature Center, SAMPO, Shakespeare, Berkley, Johnson, and Cortland Line Co.
For more information, contact the Nature Center at 315-482-2479; or Spider email@example.com.