This summer, from June 24 – 27, 2013 is the second Children in the Stream Conference. Last year’s conference was a huge success and you can go to http://www.childreninthestream.com/the-2012-children-in-the-stream-conference.html to read more about the four-day event. This is the only national four-day conference that trains adults on how to use fly fishing as the foundation for incorporating science, math, English language arts,visual arts and community outreach into the curriculum or into a youth program. The program is set up so that each participant can customize their own program when they return home.
As part of the conference fee, $350, each participants will receive the following:
- experiences, background knowledge, and resources for obtaining materials and equipment needed to start their own interdisciplinary school or community based youth fly fishing program.
- buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner for the four conference days
- fly rod and reel outfit
- fly tying kit
- one time start-up wholesale discount voucher for purchasing fly fishing equipment for waders, boots, rod reels, etc.
- one time start-up wholesale discount voucher for fly tying equipment
- sketchbook / journal and felt tip pen
- Instructional field guides
- Children in the Stream bibliography of fly fishing related literature for elementary, middle and high school students.
Thank you and we welcome you to register for our very unique conference. To provide individual quality instruction, there is a small number of participants accepted for each conference on a “first come, first serve” basis. Please register at http://www.childreninthestream.com/2013-registration–fee.html.