Members, remember to log in to view this post.
By the time you read this, many of you will have renewed your dues or support for OWAA. Thank you, OWAA continues to be The Voice of the Outdoors because of your support.
You, our members and supporters, are critical to making OWAA the best it can be. Yours is the voice of the outdoors and what you think, say and do help define OWAA and make it bigger, better and stronger.
Will you do me a favor? Will you take a moment right now to think about what OWAA can do for you?
When you have an idea or two, jot them down in an email with the subject “What OWAA can do for me” and email it to me at email@example.com. I can’t promise to do everything you suggest but I will promise to read it and respond to you with my thoughts.
To help get you started here are a few things to think about.
- Why did you join OWAA in the first place? Did it meet your expectations? Does it continue to meet your expectations?
- What do you use the website for the most? How often to do you visit it?
- Where should we hold our conferences? Urban or rural areas? Resorts?
- What time of year is best to hold the conference? Why?
- What do you like best about OWAA? Least?
- If we provided one additional service what would you like it to be?
- What is the future of the communications business?
- When you think about OWAA what is the first thing that pops into your head?
- What will OWAA look like in five years? 10?
- What would you say is the most important part of the OWAA mission?
- If you left OWAA what would you miss most?
- Does anyone read this column?
In talking to you, our members and supporters, I learned how important to OWAA is to you. You take great pride in your membership and support and have been good enough to share some of your stories about the organization with me.
Hearing from you is what makes the organization stronger and more successful.
Knowing how creative our members and supporters are, I’m sure you have a number of good ideas to share.
By the way, if you have not renewed your membership or support please do. Your voice is important to us. If you don’t plan to renew, I would like to hear from you as well. Your “why” may be something we can fix and learn from.
Thanks for being a part of OWAA. I look forward to hearing from you. ♦
— OWAA Executive Director Tom Sadler, firstname.lastname@example.org