Welcome New Members
- Jason D. Wells
Proposed New Members
- Checkett, J. Michael, Ducks Unlimited, One Waterfowl Way, Memphis, TN 38120. (W) 901-758-3793, firstname.lastname@example.org. Wildlife biologist and communications specialist for Ducks Unlimited. Authors a blog on Ducks.org and contributes to DU-TV. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Tony Dolle.
- Draz, Daniel W., 931 W. 75th St., 137-303, Naperville, IL 60565. (H) 630-428-3751, email@example.com. Published author, now writing freelance articles for the outdoor industry detailing interesting, humorous and unique observations of the angling experience in addition to father-and-son fishing adventures. Also developing multimedia content for outdoor radio and researching a book on Midwest angling. His work is published monthly in a regional hunting and fishing publication (Outdoor Notebook) in Illinois and Indiana. His goals are to write for a national publication in the outdoor industry and expand his outdoor writing as a freelance destination and outdoor travel writer. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Tom Stienstra.
- Dunn, Dennis, 4817 Lake Washington Blvd. NE, Suite 3, Kirkland, WA 98033. (H) 425-827-4748, (W) 425-739-6032, (F) 425-739-6032, firstname.lastname@example.org. Book author, “BAREBOW! An Archer’s Fair-Chase Taking of North America’s Big Game” (2008). Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Kevin Rhoades.
- Gray, Wende, P.O. Box 244, 331 Paradise Road, Bethel, ME 04217. (H) 207-824-3321, (W) 207-824-3694, (F) 207-824-3694, email@example.com, www.upperandro.com. Managing director of the Upper Andro Anglers Alliance, a nonprofit organization formed to protect and improve the fishery on Maine’s Androscoggin River. Responsible for all communication, program development and implementation. Applying for Associate Membership; sponsored by Gary Moore.
- Meyerson, Howard, 1145 Benjamin SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506. (H) 616-243-3344, (W) 616-222-5615, (F) 616-222-5224, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.mlive.com/outdoors. Outdoors editor, Grand Rapids Press. He has been employed as a full-time outdoor writer, photographer and columnist for 22 years and spent several years prior writing about environmental policy. Former OWAA member, 1995-2000. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Tom Huggler.
- Stone, Marilyn, P.O. Box 1534, Paonia, CO 81428. (W) 970-527-4535, (F) 970-527-4535, email@example.com. Contributing editor for SHOT Business for more than 10 years. Specializing in the thorny issues facing hunting, conservation and energy development that require research. Her degree in psychology enables her to deliver insightful, engaging stories of people in the outdoors. Published in National Rifle Association and National Wild Turkey Federation publications, Wyoming Wildlife, Whitetails Unlimited and others. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Patricia Stockdill.
- Whitlow, Brad, 6730 E. Duane Lane, Scottsdale, AZ 85266. (H) 480-419-8272, (W) 480-281-8304, (F) 602-636-3736, firstname.lastname@example.org. Avid lifelong outdoorsman with an interest in writing. He feels as though writing about his experiences in the outdoors could be a great marriage of hobbies. Applying for Associate Membership; sponsored by Jim Smith.
- Brian O’Keefe
The following member(s) have successfully passed the review of their member credentials:
- Jason McGarvey
- Ty Stockton
- Jack Lorenz
New Supporting Groups, Agencies and Businesses
- GoFastandLight.com, 2340 Gold River Road, Suite F, Gold River, CA 95670. Contact: Patrick Dotterweich, owner. (W) 916-853-2267, (F) 916-853-2267, email@example.com, www.gofastandlight.com. Ultralight and lightweight items for backpackers, hikers, kayakers and other travelers who value useful, lightweight, compact tools and gear.
Reinstated Supporting Groups, Agencies and Businesses
- Kansas Travel & Tourism Development Division, 1000 S.W. Jackson St., Suite 100, Topeka, KS 66612. Contact: Becky Blake, director. (W) 785-296-3820, (F) 785-296-6988, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.kansascommerce.com. The Travel & Tourism Division is charged with encouraging the traveling public to visit and travel within Kansas by promoting the recreational, historic and natural advantages of the state and its facilities. The division’s efforts include promotion to travel writers, motor-coach tour operators, individual travelers and the international travel community. For general questions or comments related to the Kansas Travel & Tourism Development Division, call 785-296-2009 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Lightfield Ammunition Corp., P.O. Box 162, Adelphia, NJ 07710. Contact: Peter Saker. (W) 732-462-9200, (F) 732-780-2437, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.lightfieldslugs.com. Lightfield Ammunition Corp. specializes in manufacturing the hardest hitting, most accurate saboted slugs available to today’s hunters for use in their rifled shotgun barrels. The various slugs that make up the Lightfield product line utilize two distinctly innovative designs, each design functioning similarly to the other to produce superior accuracy even at extended ranges.