Wide Open Spaces is the premier online destination for all things hunting, fishing, shooting and outdoors, providing content, commerce and community to an audience of sportsmen and women who share a passion for the great outdoors.
<em><b>Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.</b></em>
Wide Open Spaces is the premier online destination for all things hunting, fishing, shooting and outdoors, providing content, commerce and community to an audience of sportsmen and women who share a passion for the great outdoors. We’re based in Austin, Texas, but our writers can, and do, work from anywhere.
We are looking for smart, passionate, and driven outdoor writers to contribute great content to our highly engaged and enthusiastic outdoor sports audience, all while making it fun, entertaining and informative. If you’ve ever wanted to make a little extra cash through your experience in the outdoors, here’s your chance!
As a WOS contributor you’ll pick what you write about, how you’ll write about it, and when you write about it. You’re self-employed, but we’re here along the way to help provide you with the tools, tips, training and tricks which will help you grab as much of an audience as possible, and make some money in the process.
What We’re Looking For:
– Someone who knows the outdoor sports world and is passionate about their role in it.
– Someone who can truly write. We’re not expecting you to be the next Shakespeare, but an ability to communicate concisely, clearly, and with minimal punctuation, spelling and grammatical errors is an absolute must.
– A desire to build a personal brand and audience, and a willingness to do the legwork which comes along with that pursuit.
– A strong understanding of what makes for good Web content and an understanding of how to create it with consistency.
– Knowledge of / experience with WordPress, web writing, Google Analytics and basic SEO standards
– Previous published online writing
– Unique experiences or a unique voice that will be attractive to our established and new audience
What You’ll Get from WOS:
– Revenue sharing compensation model which allows for unlimited earnings. You put in the (smart) work, you’ll see the results. There’s no cap per article, per week, per month.
– Chance to establish / grow an outdoor sports writing career with a rapidly growing website who will share your content across our extensive distribution channels
– Opportunities for advancement which lead to greater responsibility within the site and the rewards that come along with it.
– Ongoing training on how to be the best web writer you can be.
Apply with a copy of your most recent resume, links to a couple of writing samples (if available), and a short statement telling us why you’d make the next great Wide Open Spaces contributor by sending an email to Kris Hughes, Director of Content Operations, at email@example.com.
We’re looking to grow fast, and we’re looking for writers with the same intentions for their own careers.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to your application!