We are looking for smart, passionate and hungry outdoors writers to contribute great content to our highly engaged and enthusiastic outdoor sports audience, all while making it fun, entertaining and informative.
Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.
Wide Open Spaces is the premier online destination for all things hunting, fishing, shooting and outdoors, providing content, commerce and community to an audience of sportsmen and women who share a passion for the great outdoors.
Founded in 2011, Wide Open Spaces is the first hunting and fishing site that is optimized for social and mobile experiences, complete with the web’s first and only shopping comparison site for all your hunting, fishing, shooting and outdoor needs.
Based in Austin, Texas, Wide Open Spaces is devoted to providing the most up-to-date, need-to-know information for hunters, fishermen and outdoors enthusiasts in an entertaining way. Based around a loyal community following, Wide Open Spaces encourages community engagement through a user contributions, both written and visual, to make the content shareable, reliable and relatable.
Wide Open Spaces has created a robust mobile platform, establishing itself as the first content source that is accessible from the blind, the boat, or wherever the great outdoors may take you.
Wide Open Spaces was created not just to improve the online sportsman experience, but to revolutionize it.
Wide Open Spaces is the premier online destination for all things hunting, fishing, shooting and outdoors, providing content, commerce and community to an audience of sportsmen and women who share a passion for the great outdoors. We’re based in Austin, Texas, but our writers can, and do, work from anywhere.
We are looking for smart, passionate and hungry outdoors writers to contribute great content to our highly engaged and enthusiastic outdoor sports audience, all while making it fun, entertaining and informative. If you’ve ever wanted to make a little extra cash through your experience in the outdoors, here’s your chance!
As an WOS contributor you’ll pick what you write about, how you’ll write about it, and when you write about it, as long as it’s about the outdoors. That’s our only requirement. You’re self-employed, but we’re here along the way to help provide you with the tools, tips, training and tricks which will help you grab as much of an audience as possible, and make some money in the process.
What We’re Looking For:
• Someone who knows the landscape of the outdoor sports world (hunting, camping, fishing, shooting) and is passionate about their role in it.
• Someone who can truly write. We’re not expecting you to be the next Shakespeare, but an ability to communicate concisely, clearly, and with minimal punctuation, spelling and grammatical errors is an absolute must.
• A desire to build a personal brand and audience, and a willingness to do the legwork which comes along with that pursuit.
• A strong understanding of what makes for good Web content and an understanding of how to create it with consistency.
• Knowledge of / experience with WordPress, web writing, Google Analytics and basic SEO standards
• Previous published online writing
• Unique experiences or a unique voice that will be attractive to our established and new audience
What You’ll Get from WOS:
• Revenue sharing compensation model which allows for unlimited earnings. You put in the (smart) work, you’ll see the results.
• Chance to establish / grow an outdoor sports writing career with a rapidly growing website who will share your content across our extensive distribution channels.
• Opportunities for advancement which lead to greater responsibility within the site and the rewards that come along with it.
• Ongoing training on how to be the best web writer you can be.
Apply with a copy of your most recent resume, links to a couple of writing samples (if available) or samples, and a short statement telling us why you’d make the next great Wide Open Spaces contributor by sending an email to our Hiring Manager, Kris Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking to grow fast, and we’re looking for writers with the same intentions for their own careers.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to your application!