NSSF is seeking a talented Video Editor with traditional training in video editing concepts and software who will assist in the development of NSSF video/audio content across NSSF websites and social media platforms. Reporting to the Manager, Digital Media, the optimal candidate is an individual who is a self-described story teller who takes pride of ownership in their final work product. Qualities include being highly organized, creative and motivated and has a solid knowledge of cinematography and visual communication. The candidate must also be able to meet tight deadlines often times on the road. Being comfortable working around firearms and in live-fire shooting range environments is a must.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Post-production: Edit NSSF video content for publishing across NSSF’s websites, Apps, YouTube Channels, and other social media platforms.
- Maintain an organized post-production content tracker so that the Digital Media team appropriately plan and make updates to social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram, email blasts/newsletters and blog posts.
- Ingest and log video footage.
- Assist with filming of NSSF productions both in studio and in the field.
- Assist in the development of NSSF productions including scriptwriting and storyboarding.
- Maintain a video database that includes NSSF published video, testimonials, news clips and other stock footage.
- Maintain expertise with video editing software as well as camera, audio and lighting equipment through continuing education opportunities.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Occasionally, assist in layout and distribution of email newsletters and other digital content.
- Ability to lift and carry equipment weighing in excess of 50 lbs. No other noted requirements beyond the normal office-related operations. Some travel may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA in communications or film with a solid understanding of video editing and production.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience using Adobe Premiere Pro video. Knowledge of Adobe AfterEffects and Final Cut Studio a plus.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Audition, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of shooting sports desirable.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HR@nssf.org
About National Shooting Sports Foundation
The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 12,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen’s organizations and publishers.Our Mission Statement: To promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports.