GuidePal, a free city guide app that makes travelers feel like locals and shares hidden gems and local hotspots you won’t get from other guides, is looking for brilliant and enthusiastic freelance writers.
Every day they are creating new guides and they need writers who are able to transport readers to these fascinating cities. As a writer for GuidePal, you’ll be assigned a city that you’ve been to, and will be teamed with one of their “local experts” (locals who provide tips). Building on these tips, you’ll create a guide that’s your own, one that truly reflects the quirks and unique personality of the city.
The rate per guide is $1,000-1,200, depending on the work involved. GuidePal can also pay by the hour, depending on experience.
- At least two years of news/feature writing experience.
Specifically, you will have:
- a unique, intelligent and articulate voice
- a vivid, colorful writing style packed with personality
- thorough research skills
- the ability to be both detailed and concise
- a meticulous nature with strong organizational skills
- a passion for travel.