Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures is looking for a highly organized, creative, communicative, and customer service-focused individual who will be responsible for developing and implementing Yellow Dog’s online social media and marketing strategies. Overall duties and responsibilities will include blogging, creating social media profiles, managing regular posts, responding to followers, working with industry media, and handling general public relations for the company. We are seeking a candidate who is familiar with the fishing and travel industries, who can further and continue to build the most established and prominent brand in the world of fly-fishing adventure travel.
This full-time position will be based out of the Yellow Dog offices in Bozeman, Montana. The individual will communicate, strategize and work with Yellow Dog program directors and team members on a daily basis. A large part of the position will require talking to, interviewing and asking questions of team members, which is why a regular presence in the office is a key to success with this job. Consistent interaction with Yellow Dog clients and customers, industry contacts and company ambassadors will also be a regular part of the job. The Social Media and PR Manager will need to be a highly motivated, creative individual with social media management experience and a passion for connecting with current and future clients and turning fans and followers into Yellow Dog customers.
A key component and requirement for this position is the ability to write, edit, and generate original content for Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures. Strong writing skills are a must. Other key requirements will be:
- The ability to interact and work well with other Yellow Dog team members
- Strong organizational skills
- Consistent attention to detail
- Background and personal experience in the sport of fly fishing
- Manage the company’s social media marketing
- Create, maintain and manage content
- Gather, format, schedule and post the blog posts
- Manage daily posts, comments and inquiries, as well as cultivating online leads. Pass on to appropriate staff members or answer directly.
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation for the company.
- Work with Yellow Dog director of marketingand all team members to create promotional posts to highlight deals, trip specials, hosted trips, client reports, events and last-minute availability for trips.
- Coordinate content with the regular Yellow Dog e-newsletter to coincide with Facebook and blog posts when and where applicable.
- Help generate bi-weekly newsletters and bi-weekly Yellow Dog Backstage Pass newsletter
REQUIREMENTS / DESIRED SKILLS:
Social Media Skills:
- Strong writing and editing skills, with the ability to write and generate original content
- Ability to merge a consistent visual brand and creative content within all social platforms
- Ability to monitor, listen and respond to users in a “social” way
- Basic knowledge of inbound marketing “best practices”
- Basic proficiency with content marketing theory and application
Public Relations Skills:
- Ability to write and create company press releases
- Analyze industry media coverage as it pertains to Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Yellow Dog will make an effort to provide travel opportunities and site visits over the course of each year.
- Yellow Dog will provide a dedicated desk and workspace in the Yellow Dog offices, and will cover all relevant and job-related travel expenses.
- Will be eligible for all company benefits immediately including pro deal programs, travel opportunities and retreats, with retirement plan benefits available after two-year period
Please contact Carter Lyles at Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures.