Pheasants Forever, Inc. and Quail Forever, a national wildlife habitat conservation organization, seeks a highly-motivated individual as its national public relations specialist based at the headquarters office.
<em><b>Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.</b></em>
Anticipated Start Date: July 14, 2014
Applications Closing Date: June 30, 2014
Location: Pheasant’s Forever’s national headquarters office in White Bear Lake, MN
Pheasants Forever, Inc. and Quail Forever, a national wildlife habitat conservation organization, seeks a highly-motivated individual as its national public relations specialist based at the headquarters office. This position works closely with Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever staff across the country on a variety of public relations, media relations, government relations, and marketing projects. The public relations specialist also assists in the promotion of National Pheasant Fest, the organization’s largest event drawing an average attendance of more than 20,000 people in a different city each year.
• Create news releases, media relations content, social media content and web content
• Build and manage relationships with media and generate earned media coverage
• Organize special media events and coordinate press interviews
• Represent Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever at special events, trade shows and conferences
• Other related duties as assigned
• Excellent writing, public speaking and organization skills
• Creative individual with initiative
• Ability to work under deadlines
• Ability to comprehend complex issues and articulate the organization’s key messages
• Knowledge of upland conservation programs, habitat conservation issues and bird hunting
• A general qualification guideline for this position is a Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, communications or journalism
Starting Salary: $30,000-$35,000 plus health and retirement benefits
To Apply: Visit the recruitment website at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Upload all of the following as a single file in either MS Word or Adobe Acrobat: 1) a cover letter, 2) a resume and 3) three references. For more information about the position, contact Anthony Hauck, Online Editor at 651-209-4972 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pheasants Forever, Inc. is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled