“The Modern Bowhunting Authority” is currently seeking a hard-working, hardcore bowhunter to join its editorial team in Harrisburg, Pa.
Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.
Are you a creative wordsmith with a deep passion for bowhunting? Does the latest archery gear get you as excited as a kid on Christmas morning? Does the opportunity to travel North America in pursuit of deer, elk and other big game sound like a dream come true?
If you answered yes to those questions, you may be the next associate editor at Petersen’s BOWHUNTING, an Outdoor Sportsman Group Publication. “The Modern Bowhunting Authority” is currently seeking a hard-working, hardcore bowhunter to join its editorial team in Harrisburg, Pa.
- Serve as the primary coordinator of gear coverage, working closely with
in-house editorial staff, field editors and archery manufacturers to deliver timely, technically oriented articles to BOWHUNTING’s market-leading audience
- Assign, write and/or edit various magazine departments and feature articles
- Assist the editor in the development of editorial calendars and work closely with the brand’s sales and digital teams to ensure maximum impact across multiple content-delivery platforms
- Assist the art director in the selection and/or assignment of photos, graphics and illustrations as needed
- Represent the BOWHUNTING brand at trade shows, sponsored hunts and other industry events
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field, as well as two to five years of print and/or digital publishing experience. Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines. Strong computer skills, excellent people skills, a willingness to embrace new media and a passion for bowhunting are also critical. Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
Full-time employees are eligible for company benefits that include medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401k. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume and five to 10 samples of recent work to email@example.com