The Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership seeks a talented individual committed to fish and wildlife habitat conservation and with experience in the conservation and nonprofit arena to join our team as a communications specialist.
The successful candidate primarily will be responsible for the following:
- Producing internal and external communication pieces (informational literature, op-eds, grassroots advocacy messages) to advance the mission of the TRCP;
- Overseeing content creation for and updating the TRCP’s Web sites (trcp.org, trcpsquaredealer.org and trcp.tv);
- Providing communications support for the TRCP’s development and member-recruitment efforts;
- Expanding the TRCP’s presence and effectiveness in the social media sphere;
- Producing the TRCP’s monthly Square Dealer and quarterly Rough Rider Reader newsletters;
- Coordinating communication activities and tactics between the TRCP and its Union Sportsmen’s Alliance;
- Engaging with members of the outdoor and mainstream media to advocate the TRCP’s core initiatives and goals.
The position requires the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher plus at least three years’ communications experience;
- Ability to work with the mainstream media, sportsmen-specific publications and online communication channels;
- Experience interfacing with the hunting and fishing community;
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task and work independently;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including exceptional writing ability;
- Complete fluency in Microsoft Office suite of applications, working knowledge of HTML and CMS and experience with Web-based communications;
Familiarity with grassroots campaign execution is preferred, along with experience working on public and private lands conservation and policy issues. A personal interest in hunting and fishing is highly desirable.
Salary is commensurate with experience; benefits are included. The TRCP is an equal-opportunity employer. Position is Washington, D.C.-based.
The TRCP is a coalition of leading hunting, fishing and conservation organizations; labor unions and individual grassroots partners working together to guarantee Americans quality places to hunt and fish through the conservation of habitat, increased funding for fish and wildlife management and expanded access.
Please send cover letter and resume to Katie McKalip at firstname.lastname@example.org.