The online magazine seeks submissions, due by Wednesday, Sept. 2 at noon (CST). Queries are accepted, but need to be as detailed as possible.
- Cover PHOTO: Water Buffalo or Grizzly/Brown Bear; vertically shot, full color, available at 8.5- by 11-inches at 300 dpi
- Article 1: Water Buffalo; 1000-1500 words; story and/or tips
- Article 2: Grizzly/Brown Bear; 1000-1500 words; story and/or tips
- Article 3: Tuna Fishing; 800-1000 words; prefer a tip-related piece
- Article 4: Shark Fishing; 800-1000 words; story and/or tips
Turnaround time for writing the final story will be quick (probably within a few days of the accepted query). All stories must have high-quality supporting photos available. (Do not send with submission, but photos must be ready to go if your story is chosen.) For cover submissions, submit a lower resolution photo (at least 5- by 7-inches at 200 dpi). The size must be suitable for printing a mock-up. Please e-mail cover photo submissions. An ftp site is also available for uploading photos. Contact Karen C. Scheer if you would like to use the site.
Contact: Karen C. Scheer, Senior Graphic Designer/Associate Editor for Sportsman Magazine, 2855 S. James Drive, Ste. 101, New Berlin, WI 53151; (phone) 262-432-9100, ext. 128; (fax) 262-432-9101; email@example.com.