The Communications Department of Ducks Unlimited (DU) seeks an experienced, full-time communications specialist. The successful candidate will have a command of the English language, know the AP Stylebook and have excellent writing skills. The candidate must be an energetic self-starter who is detail-oriented, has the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time – and meet deadlines for each. Excellent communications skills are a must and the candidate must be able to work as part of a team.
Responsibilities & duties:
- Write, edit and distribute press releases to national, regional, state and local media
- Write copy for monthly e-newsletter; Write speeches for DU staff and volunteers
- Write copy for the various DU websites
- Write scripts for DU video projects
- Place stories in national media outlets on a regular basis
- Arrange interviews and support DU’s media relations efforts
- Work as communications liaison with at least one of the DU regional offices
- Attend and assist with media camps
- Some travel required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or a related field with 2-3 years of verifiable experience – preferably with experience in a weekly/daily newspaper setting. Strong writing skills are mandatory. A strong, proven understanding of the natural resources/conservation field is a must. The position is located in Memphis, Tenn., at DU’s national headquarters and reports to the Director of Communications.
To Apply: Please fill out the application and pre-employment forms on our website at www.ducks.org, attach cover letter and resume and click “submit,” or fill out the application materials, attach resume and cover letter and send to: Human Resources, Ducks Unlimited, Inc., One Waterfowl Way, Memphis, TN 38120; fax: (901) 758-3988. Ducks Unlimited is an EOE.