- Reports to the senior vice president.
- This is a key position in developing, executing and coordinating all elements of Delta Waterfowl’s communications functions including quarterly magazine, Web site, press releases, Delta’s e-newsletter, relationships with relevant media and associated tasks.
- The position will be a member of Delta’s senior staff, responsible for annual budget and work plan development.
Major responsibilities include:
- Serve as editor of the Delta Waterfowl magazine including tasks related to planning, design, and working with in-house and freelance writers and coordinating all magazine functions.
- Lead communications team through integration of all aspects of communications functions to ensure proper messaging and appropriate levels of outreach occur. This position will be responsible for leading the internal communications team and ensuring consistency with other of Delta’s program and support functions.
- Design systematic processes to reach Delta’s myriad audiences including developing and managing audience lists, contact strategies etc.
Necessary skill set:
- A waterfowl hunter with an understanding of waterfowl conservation and waterfowl hunting and a passionate commitment to Delta Waterfowl’s mission.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated experience working within a team environment with a strong cross section of attributes.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills including a strong background in print journalism.
- Proven experience in editing a first class publication.
- Understanding of electronic media and potential opportunities to utilize these tools to the benefit of the organization.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Full, employer paid family insurance benefits. (health, vision, dental and life)
- A 401k program with 3% guaranteed employer contribution with an additional 3% employer match available.
- Competitive vacation and flex time allowance.
Qualified candidates should send resume, writing samples, references and salary requirements to Troy Reno, Chief Operating Officer, ATTN: Editor/Communications Manager, Delta Waterfowl, P.O. Box 3128, Bismarck, ND 58502.