Delta Waterfowl seeks a senior communications expert to serve as Director of Communications. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communications skills, demonstrated experience in personnel and issues management and the ability to lead a dynamic team. Applicants must be committed to Delta’s mission and have a passion for waterfowl and waterfowl hunting.
Delta will provide a competitive, senior level compensation package including a full range of insurance benefits and a 401K retirement package. The position is located at Delta’s U.S. office in Bismarck, ND, a thriving community rich in recreational opportunities.
Interested candidates should address resumes, writing samples, references and salary requirements to: Mr. Troy Reno, Chief Operating Officer, ATTN: Director of Communications, Delta Waterfowl, P.O. Box 3128, Bismarck, ND 58502; email@example.com; 701-222-8857.
- Reports to the Senior Vice President.
- This is a key position in integrating, developing, executing and managing all elements of Delta Waterfowl’s communications functions including quarterly magazine, website, press releases, Delta’s e-newsletter, relationships with relevant media and associated tasks.
- The position will be a member of Delta’s senior staff, responsible for: developing, implementing and implementing and managing departmental budgets, strategic planning and personnel management.
Major responsibilities include:
- Manage communications team through integration of all aspects of communications functions to ensure proper messaging and appropriate levels of outreach occur. This position will be responsible for leading the internal communications team and ensuring consistency with other of Delta’s program and support functions.
- Design systematic processes to reach Delta’s myriad audiences including developing and managing audience lists, contact strategies etc.
- Serve as editor of the Delta Waterfowl magazine including tasks related to planning, design, and working with in house and freelance writers and coordinating all magazine functions.
- Necessary Skill Set:
- A waterfowl hunter with an understanding of waterfowl conservation and waterfowl hunting and a passionate commitment to Delta Waterfowl’s mission.
- Strong leadership and management skills with demonstrated experience working within a team environment with a strong cross section of managing departments and personnel.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills including a strong background in print journalism.
- Proven experience in editing a first class publication.
- Understanding of electronic media and potential opportunities to utilize these tools to the benefit of the organization.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Full, employer paid family insurance benefits. (health, vision, dental and life)
- A 401k program with 3% guaranteed employer contribution with an additional 3% employer match available.
- Competitive vacation and flex time allowance.