This position works at NRA Headquarters in Fairfax, VA.
Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.
LOCATION: This position works at NRA Headquarters in Fairfax, VA.
Works with Division Director in developing and implementing NRA program strategies, with specific emphasis on usage of press and media outlets, to promote a positive public image among various audiences and advance efforts to raise awareness for NRA’s programs. Knowledge of and support for the mission of the National Rifle Association is required!.
1. Develop, establish and maintain positive relationships with external media contacts on a continual basis.
2. Actively liaison and collaborate with the media staff in the NRA Institute for Legislative Action and the Office of the EVP on media coverage issues/stories/inquiries.
3. Write, prepare, edit, schedule and distribute press releases, PSA’s and speeches relative to General Operations programs/activities. Develop and maintain current and relevant talking points for all General Operations’ programs.
4. Develop and pitch ideas to current or new media outlets to extend brand presence.
5. Proactively monitor NRA-GO programs to identify promotional opportunities for media coverage. Work with Production and Design Manager to develop press kits and program guides, promoting NRA-GO programs/activities, for media.
6. Monitor media coverage and provide responses to media inquiries/requests.
7. Monitor program sentiment and identify opportunities to promote and provide media support for NRA-GO programs/activities. Monitor the NRA/GO e-mail inbox and respond to all inquiries.
8. Responsible for screening, vetting and answering media queries and coordinating NRA-GO staff interviews.
9. Maintain NRA-GO image with outside media by planning, organizing and implementing media, marketing and public relations strategies. Manage the database of media contacts and surrogates for all NRA-GO program events.
10. Manage the acquisition and analysis of paid media buys.
11. Develop and implement media training sessions for staff throughout General Operations who are responsible for interfacing with media outlets relative to their specific areas of program expertise.
SCOPE: High visibility and coordination with all General Operations Divisions, Marketing/Media Relations Division, ILA , Office of the EVP and members of the press and media outlets and the general public. Position functions in a fast paced work environment with frequent interruptions and minimal direct supervision. Overtime and weekend work required. Local and national travel required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: College degree required, preferably in the field of media and press relations. Previous experience working with local and national media and press outlets essential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Excellent oral and written communications skills required. Proven ability to interface effectively with all levels of individuals both within the NRA and with outside press and media outlets required. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required. Demonstrated ability to make presentations to both small and large groups essential. Proficiency in the development, implementation and monitoring of an annual budget required. Creative thinker and self-starter essential. Ability to work independently or as a member of the team required.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter to email@example.com. The NRA is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (minority/women/disabled).