The Marketing Manager – Media & Membership will market the Ruffed Grouse Society and American Woodcock Society (RGS/AWS) mission, membership, events and products by implementing and managing marketing and messaging campaigns through all RGS/AWS media channels including social media, email, direct mail, press release, video and print.
Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.
Ruffed Grouse Society/American Woodcock Society
Supervisor: Director of Communications
Summary: The Marketing Manager – Media & Membership will market the Ruffed Grouse Society and American Woodcock Society (RGS/AWS) mission, membership, events and products by implementing and managing marketing and messaging campaigns through all RGS/AWS media channels including social media, email, direct mail, press release, video and print.
All promotions will engage existing members, recruit and retain new members, educate the public and raise awareness of the RGS/AWS mission to preserve our sporting traditions by creating healthy forests for ruffed grouse, American woodcock and other wildlife. The position will focus on using analytics and SEO to optimize campaign success and to increase digital engagement, membership recruitment and fundraising opportunities.
This position will be responsible for:
- Developing and managing all media and membership marketing plans to ensure that the RGS/AWS short and long-term goals and objectives are met.
- Delivering RGS/AWS mission, messaging and branding consistently across all media channels.
- Developing and managing digital media content (copy, graphic, photo and video) on RGS/AWS website (www.ruffedgrousesociety.org), social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and blog.
- Developing and managing membership campaigns – new-member drives and renewal campaigns – through all media channels including social media, website, email, direct mail, press release and print.
- Developing and managing event marketing strategy for RGS/AWS banquets, fundraisers, habitat days, member events and trade shows.
- Working with director of development on corporate sponsor program enhancement and fulfillment
- Tracking and identifying opportunities, through analytics, to increase future campaign success, engagement of RGS/AWS members, the public, email lists, social media channels and website traffic to meet organizational mission objectives.
- Monitoring media and membership campaign budgets and analyzing actual results to maximize future campaign strategy and success.
- Ensuring all members, potential members, donors and partners will have the opportunity to connect with RGS/AWS at all digital points of entry.
- Accomplishing RGS/AWS goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new projects and ideas, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Coordinating with appropriate staff to ensure that all messaging is effectively planned and consistently implemented.
- Working with the communication department and other RGS/AWS staff as a team to develop and implement all strategies and campaigns
Qualifications and Key Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related field
- Team player with developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand financial statements and budgets
- Experience with membership or subscription-related organizations
- Experience with recruitment campaigns including direct mail, digital campaigns, and others
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Photography and photo-editing experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Technical ability to manage web, email and social media applications (Facebook, YouTube, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter, WordPress, Constant Contact, blogs, etc.)
- Ability to develop and implement marketing strategies and plans intended to enhance media presence, member engagement and public education
- Ability to develop strategies from measurable analytics
- Ability to work with numerous staff to develop and deliver content and campaign strategy
- Ability to understand and communicate the RGS/AWS mission including the benefits of scientific forest management and hunting-related initiatives
- Familiarity and experience with hunting, firearms and/or bird dogs preferred
- Position located at RGS/AWS headquarters in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania.
Application & Deadline
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Director of Communications Matt Soberg by email MattS@RuffedGrouseSociety.org or mail 451 McCormick Road, Coraopolis, PA 15108. Deadline: October 6, 2017