Your nose is going to be raw from the grindstone but you won’t care. That character-enhancing blemish won’t be remarkable on your face, which gets its sun on peaks and in troughs, reflected off snowfields, waves, and stone. Some people’s heads would spin in this role. Not yours. Your passion is your focus. That’s what makes you great. And your greatness gives you clarity, balance, the ability to channel the spirit of the spectacular places you’ve experienced into words that inspire strangers to enable adventures of their own. You will be exceptional at outdoor sports, and an expert at writing to brand guidelines. Mother Nature is your emotional rock. Your writing will be your product, and nothing more. Your product will inspire; it will inform; and it will sell. You’re going to be an essential member of a remarkable team. And you will always know better than to write this much to communicate anything.
If you have an affinity for the outdoors and an insider’s knowledge of outdoor brands and products, read further. The Clymb is seeking a Marketing Copywriter who will become a key contributor on our marketing team, assisting in the development and execution of the company’s marketing strategy. You will be responsible for understanding the overall business, brand, and marketing objectives, and proactively contributing to its evolution and success.
- Communicate The Clymb’s voice in copy for daily emails, marketing promotions, Stories content, marketing campaigns, website, social networks, and other projects as directed
- Work with Email Marketing Manager to develop a/b tests to evaluate copy performance metrics regarding email open rates, click through rates, and unsubscribe rates
- Work with Email Designer and Digital Graphic Designers to develop the language and vision for promotional marketing campaigns as assigned
- Work with merchandise team to create specially curated themed sales
- Copyedit and review all daily email tests, marketing promotions, and website copy for accurate style, grammar, and content
- Produce Stories content as needed
- Write product descriptions for social media as needed
- Maintain high standards for writing and proofreading
- Quickly produce clean copy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Develop and implement processes, standards, and guidelines for ongoing copy development while demonstrating a fundamental understanding of the outdoor consumer/Internet user mindset.
Marketing Copywriter Owns:
- Website and transactional email copy
- Sales and promotional email body copy, subject lines, and pre-headers
- Projects as assigned for promotional marketing campaigns
- E-commerce and social media copy
- Gear Reviews for the blog
- Sunday Preview copy
- Adventures Weekly copy
- Grammatical accuracy
- Projects as directed
- Experience as professional writer in a fast-paced environment preferably in advertising or journalism
- Demonstrated excellence in copywriting
- Superior knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Mastery of AP Style
- Ability to produce brilliant copy under tight deadlines
- Ability to seamlessly capture Clymb voice and style
- Strong computer skills: MS Office Suite for Mac
- Energy and resourcefulness
- Extensive understanding and passion for outdoor sports and equipment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing/Communications/Public Relations/Advertising/Journalism/English or related field
- Positive attitude and ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
The Clymb is a private retail community that connects premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest-growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you’re as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references – include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs – include in the cover letter.