Summit publishing is looking for a graphic designer and digital content specialist.
Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.
Summit Publishing (Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine / Elevation Outdoors Magazine) is seeking a freelance multidisciplinary graphic designer / production artist with 1-2 years experience in publishing and/or graphic design for a minimum of 25hrs+/week on retainer. Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Mac platform, Web optimization techniques and MS Office required. Previous ad design and pre-press experience a plus. Ability to produce progressive ad design (both print and web) with quick turnaround imperative. Possibility for future full time employment over time.
Candidate should demonstrate:
• Excellent project planning + organizational skills (detail-oriented, deadline driven, highly organized and able to prioritize while managing multiple projects)
• Firm knowledge of information design and effective display advertising
• Strong customer service skills
Position duties include:
• Traffic / manage ad content for multiple publications on a daily basis
• Print + Web ad production for multiple publications (from initial collection of creative materials to pre-press review, ad revision and final client approval)
• Collection, organization and archival of creative materials
• Ability to communicate effectively with Art Director, Account Managers and clients
• In-house promotional design opportunities
• MUST be able to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines
Smart, passionate candidates should e-mail their resume and portfolio (as PDF or URL) to email@example.com
Location: Downtown Charlottesville
Compensation: Retainer + hrly overtime/Send Requirements
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Current Job Openings:
Digital Content Specialist
The Digital Content Specialist is responsible for creating digital content and managing the online editorial presence for Blue Ridge Outdoors, Elevation Outdoors, and Mountain Gazette. Content creation will be primarily for Blue Ridge Outdoors, while the content management duties will extend across BRO, EO, and MG and their respective social media and email newsletters.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Development of, and execution of, an Online Edit Plan that includes print content, weekly guest blogs, video, and reader submissions.
- Creating content online in the form of regular news pieces, short blogs, top 10 lists, video content aggregation, events, etc.
- Format and post content from print magazines on monthly basis.
- Creation of multiple weekly e-newsletters, custom e-newsletter promotions, e-newsletter advertising and management of respective contact lists.
- Assist with creation and management of sales initiatives including sponsored content, reader polls, giveaways, promotions, advertising, special sections, micro-sites, etc.
- Search Engine Optimization across all sites.
- Google and Facebook advertising.
- Develop social media strategy for various aspects of site including blogs, promotions, reader contests, and special sections.
- Manage brand and voice across all social media platforms creating a single brand identity with readers.
- Assist Travel Editor in video execution and production.
- Work as a member of the Digital Team to produce compelling promotional content that attracts readers and creates leads for clients.
- Field reader requests and respond to comments on the website and through social media channels.
- Liaison between outdoor industry representatives and contacts and publishers regarding promotions, gear reviews, content, etc.
- Passion for and solid knowledge of outdoor recreation in the Blue Ridge region
- Proficient knowledge of WordPress.
- Editorial, proofreading, fact-checking and writing experience including both print and online.
- Experience with email marketing – ability to build newsletters within Constant Contact.
- Experience using Social Media including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, etc for promotion and brand building.
- Proficient knowledge of creating SEO friendly web content using data driven techniques to increase readership and expand reach. Online Content generation – ability to write SEO friendly posts.
- Basic knowledge of software including InDesign, PhotoShop, Word, Excel, and Dreamweaver.
- Proficient knowledge of online tools such as Google Analytics, Vimeo, YouTube
- A solid knowledge of AP style and copy editing
To apply email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is not a remote position.