From the team over at Guns.com:
Are you a writer, a gun lover, a gun reviewer, a sales director, a social media expert, a multimedia master, an internet wiz? Do you want to work for Guns.com? We are always on the look out for inspired talent to join us on our mission in covering all aspects of the gun world.
Current positions available are both full time and part time — all positions can be fulfilled remotely.
If this is your first time on Guns.com, we are a daily web publication that covers a variety of subjects in the gun world from politics to gear reviews, and everything in-between. We reach more than 1.5 million readers a month, making us one of the largest firearm publications online.
For a full list of positions currently available, you can always check out the following link: http://www.guns.com/2013/12/02/job-openings-at-gunscom/.
ABOUT THIS JOB:
Guns.com is a daily web publication that covers everything from politics to culture to reviews as it relates to the gun world. We reach more than 1.5 million readers a month, making us one of the largest firearm publications online, and we are currently looking for a writer to join our staff.
This writer will be responsible for writing and publishing quick news postings (150 to 300 words with photos and/or videos) throughout the day in our ‘Gun Bazaar’ section.
The ideal candidate is a savvy copywriter with strong journalistic instincts and knows how to format a story. Knowledge of firearms and firearm terminology is preferred.
- Write brief 150 to 300 word summaries on alternative news stories
- Check multiple sources and conduct quick research regarding topics at hand
- Craft content within the Guns.com content management system with proper headlines, images, video and SEO best practices
- Keep up proper communication correspondence with editors
- Maintain proper publishing schedule time slots
- At least a four-year degree, preferably with a concentration in English, Journalism or a related field
- Candidates must prove to be self reliant and flexible in an online publishing atmosphere, as well as being thorough and consistent in their writing and coverage
- Strong research abilities
- An authoritative and engaging writing voice with original copy ideas
- The ability to work in a fast paced, quick news environment
- Familiar with an online freelance lifestyle
- Candidate should be familiar with online publishing tools (WordPress, Photoshop, etc.)
We offer competitive compensation paid weekly. For consideration, reply to this posting with a cover letter to email@example.com — please include the subject line ‘Daily Contributor.’ Include your resume and at least three samples of your written work (links are fine). We do not consider applicants who do not provide a resume and samples.