American Society for Biochemistry & Molecular Biology seeks senior science writer for a monthly science society magazine. A successful application will write and edit for a variety of ASBMB publications and marketing materials.
- Generates monthly profiles of researchers and crafts feature-length articles that are relevant to the Society’s 12,000 biochemists and molecular biologists for publication in monthly magazine.
- Works with senior staff to develop story ideas for the magazine.
- Writes compelling briefs from lengthy and technical manuscripts for a scientific audience.
- Provides science writing, editing, proofreading and other support for ongoing special projects.
- Works with authors and associate editors of the Journal of Biological Chemistry(JBC) to improve manuscript titles.
- Works with Journal associate editors and editor to select top journal articles for compendia at scientific meetings.
- Writes introductions for above mentioned compendium with associate editors.
- Bachelor’s degree (required) in life sciences/English/journalism.
- Advanced degree in related field (preferred) in life sciences/English/journalism.
- 5 years science writing.
How To Apply:
- To apply, please visit online application system here: http://www.faseb.org/Who-We-Are/Employment-on-FASEB-Campus.aspx