This full-time job with benefits is based out of Winter Park, Fla.
The successful candidate should have multiple administrative skills relevant to several different media channels. These include:
- Candidates must possess consummate organizational skills, in order to manage the flow of all edit materials related to the magazine. The ME maintains ongoing and frequent contact with all contributors to ensure that all manuscripts, illustrations and photography arrive on or before deadline and are always well organized.
- The ME is also responsible for making payments to contributors on a timely basis and managing editorial budgets to ensure fiscal compliance. The ME will be expected to actively edit material during the production process and keep material moving to stay ahead of deadlines. Working familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, InCopy, PhotoShop and Bridge, is a must.
- The ME should also be prepared to generate original content in the form of feature material and photography, so strong photographic skills are a definite plus.
- A strong Web background is highly desirable. Candidates must possess basic Web editing skills and familiarity with Web-based content management procedures at a minimum, and must be able to generate, organize and maximize the effectiveness of Web content on saltwatersportsman.com.
- This content will include original written content, fishing reports, news items, photo galleries and videos.
- The ME will also need to help generate bi-weekly electronic newsletters, as a means of generating page views and unique visitors on saltwatersportsman.com. The e-newsletter will eventually become weekly and SWS management has in mind the goal of generating three to five regional e-newsletters as part of this effort.
- ME candidates should have a strong working knowledge of Facebook as he or she will be the primary person responsible for maintaining the SWS Facebook page and for growing its base through additional new “likes.”
- Video will be a very large part of the SWS Web strategy moving forward.
- Video editing skills through iMovie or other programs are highly desirable.
For more details and apply, visit the Media Bistro job listing.