From the team over at Guns.com:
Are you a writer, a gun lover, a gun reviewer, a sales director, a social media expert, a multimedia master, an internet wiz? Do you want to work for Guns.com? We are always on the look out for inspired talent to join us on our mission in covering all aspects of the gun world.
Current positions available are both full time and part time — all positions can be fulfilled remotely.
If this is your first time on Guns.com, we are a daily web publication that covers a variety of subjects in the gun world from politics to gear reviews, and everything in-between. We reach more than 1.5 million readers a month, making us one of the largest firearm publications online.
For a full list of positions currently available, you can always check out the following link: http://www.guns.com/2013/12/02/job-openings-at-gunscom/.
ABOUT THIS JOB:
Guns.com is a daily web publication that covers a variety of subjects in the gun world from politics to gear reviews, and everything in-between. We reach more than 1.5 million readers a month, making us one of the largest firearm publications online, and we are currently looking for a full-time Product and Reviews Editor to join our team.
The Product and Reviews Editor assists the Managing Editor by overseeing the Reviews Section. This person will be responsible for producing feature-length copy and entertaining informational videos, managing and training a network of freelance contributors, and personally seeing review projects through from concept to publication.
The ideal candidate for this position has a working knowledge of a variety of firearm platforms as well as an understanding of the technology behind them. In addition to shooting experience, the candidate should have strong writing and reporting skills, and a strong on-camera presence. This position requires a person with a creative mind and savvy, constantly evolving, multimedia skills. We’re looking for someone interested in expanding readership, but also enforcing professional integrity and ethical journalistic practices.
- Manage day-to-day editorial projects and streamline the production process
- Enforce deadlines with contributors and schedule content for publication
- Aid freelance contributors with development, research and technical support
- Edit articles, videos and photos submitted by staff and freelance contributors
- Write original reviews, and produce supplemental video footage
- Hire, manage and train a network of freelance contributors
- Record test-and-evaluation requests for staff and contributors, maintain FFL documents, and manage a budget
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years relevant experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent videography and photography skills, and a confident on-camera presence
- Video and photography editing experience (Avid, iMovie, FinalCut, Photoshop)
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices and knowledge of AP style
- Working knowledge of content management systems (ex. WordPress, Joomla, Drupal)
- Basic HTML skills (embedding multimedia codes, troubleshooting basic source codes, etc)
This is a full time position that offers salary and health care. For consideration, reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Product and Reviews Editor.’ In the email include your resume, references, at least three samples of your work (both written and video; links are fine), and a cover letter. We will not consider applicants who do not provide a resume and samples.
Since this position requires you to handle firearms and other gun related products, accepted applicants must pass a background check. Serious inquiries only.