InterMedia Outdoors, America’s premier media group for outdoor sports, is seeking an experienced Online Editor for one of its largest websites. This position is located in Marietta, Georgia. The OE will be responsible for the day-to-day publishing, promotion and maintenance of this consumer-facing site. The goal is to develop and manage web content that is entertaining, informative and, above all, drives traffic and spurs audience engagement.
Working closely with Digital and Editorial teams, the OE will wear many hats: writer, editor, marketer, SEO specialist, brand-builder and social media champion.
- Work with in-house staff to create online content, including repurposed print materials, original content, videos, polls and photo galleries.
- Locate and/or write daily items for the site.
- Develop strategies for identifying topic trends and new ways to reach the core audience.
- Establish editorial calendars and publishing strategies.
- Write engaging headlines and concise story summaries; edit content to fit brand style.
- Help identify new contributors and sources of information.
- Assist in special assignments, including mobile applications and digital editions.
- Work with the sales team to drive advertising opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in interactive media, journalism, communications, creative writing or equivalent experience.
- At least three years of relevant online experience working with content management, search engines and related software tools.
- Proficiency in WordPress desired; skills in InDesign and InCopy preferred.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Video experience is a plus.
- While candidates need not be participants, they should possess a working knowledge of hunting and fishing.
- Ability to excel as a team player in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Please send resume, cover letter, writing samples and links to online work to firstname.lastname@example.org.