MidwayUSA, a leading Internet and catalog retailer of shooting and hunting products, has an marketing manager position available. A 2008 recipient of the Missouri Quality Award and a 2009 recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, MidwayUSA is committed to continuous improvement and modern management practices.
As a marketing manager, an employee will manage MidwayUSA’s relationships with conservation organizations and oversee all conservation sponsorship deliverables, as well as manage media relations and draft all press releases. This is a challenging and exciting position that requires exceptional management skills, strong communication skills and working with technical staff, senior management and external partners. It may also require managing two or more full-time support staff positions. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be a part of this industry. You don’t have to be in the shooting or hunting industry now, but you have to want to be in this industry because you are a hardcore hunter or shooter.
Sample of specific duties:
- Regularly communicate with and cultivate relationships with the media, developing and maintain a list of all media outlets.
- Develop a press release schedule with timely and relevant news, write all press releases and ensure all releases are issued on time.
- Manage relations with our conservation and shooting group partners, ensuring all contract deliverables are met on-time and on-budget.
The ideal candidate:
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, business or journalism. A master’s degree in marketing, business administration or a related field is desirable.
- Must have 5-8 years experience managing sponsorships and/or public/media relations.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of commonly used practices within the field of media relations and marketing and the desire/ability to stay abreast with the latest marketing changes and emerging technical marketing tactics.
- Must be an expert user of MS Office software and have the ability to learn proprietary systems.
- Is not required to be in the shooting or hunting industry now, but must want to be in this industry because they possess the passion of a hardcore hunter or shooter.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 573-447-5951