The freelance travel writer visits select Groupon Getaways destinations to compose clear, accurate, and highly sensory narrative descriptions of our travel features. This off-site position requires impeccable reporting and online research skills, as well as the most savory of writing chops. Responsible for their local region, freelance travel writers will receive assignments to visit local hotels on an as-needed basis. Groupon is seeking travel writers in the following areas:
- Atlantic City, N.J.
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Los Angeles
- Las Vegas
- Produce Groupon Getaways write-ups as assigned.
- Travel to and report on Groupon Getaways destinations as assigned.
- Go deep with reporting to give readers an accurate picture of the property and a thoughtful overview of the surrounding vacation experience.
- Distinguish what makes a deal most compelling and look out for anything that might detract from our customers’ travel experiences.
- Craft rich, experiential write-ups chock full of active sentences and powerful, creative word choices.
- Mine travel guides and cultivate sources to curate unique, local recommendations.
- Three years of travel-writing or city-guide experience.
- Flexible travel schedule.
Although Groupon always value good writing, the demands of this position require a minimum of three years of published writing experience. Applications without relevant experience and clips will not be considered.
To apply, visit the full job listing on Groupon’s website: http://tinyurl.com/5txqn7t.