Under supervision of Garden Design’s Editor-in-Chief, Garden Design Magazine is seeking a full-time Web editor to work out of their New York office. The position will require working closely with Garden Design’s editorial team in planning, execution, tracking, and performance reporting of digital content in order to meet established Web traffic, social media and email growth goals. The web editor is responsible for updating and maintaining Garden Design’s website on a daily basis, working with developers to implement user-friendly design changes and ensuring all online content is optimized for search. The web editor is also responsible for maintaining Garden Design’s social media presence and promoting audience growth and reader engagement through multiple online channels.
In addition to maintaining the website, the web editor is responsible for researching, writing and editing original digital content on a weekly basis, and must be a skilled writer capable of making a connection with our readers. The web editor must also be a team player, capable of coordinating with both editorial and sales staff to optimize Garden Design’s digital presence.
- Maintain and update websites
- Assist editors with publishing articles, galleries and videos online
- Edit and publish daily content
- Create original content for websites (mainly news items and reviews)
- Aggregate and publish content from related sources
- Link build
- Develop and manage online contests
- Put articles and Web extras from print magazines online
- Social Media
- Develop and implement strategies for audience growth and reader engagement via social media
- Promote website content and utilize social media to increase brand awareness
- Interact with fans and moderate forums
- Manage e-news content creation and coordinate with staff
- Create e-newsletters as scheduled, with a focus on improving open rates and click-through rates
- Track engagement metrics and use them to inform future editorial decisions
- Web stats
- Monitor Omniture throughout the month and identify traffic trends
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field
- 2+ years of digital content experience at a media company or interactive agency
- Experience or interest in gardening or outdoor design a plus
- Experience with content management systems, preferably Drupal
- Experience with Omniture or other analytics software for monitoring Web traffic
- Experience with Brightcove or other video distribution platforms
- Understanding of SEO and social media best practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects on a variety of timelines
- Knowledge of video editing and photo editing
- Enthusiasm for working with a talented fast-paced team
About the company:
Bonnier Corporation is one of the largest consumer-publishing groups in America, and with nearly 50 special-interest magazines and related multimedia projects and events, it is the leading media company serving passionate, highly engaged audiences. With over 1,000 employees and more than $350 million in annual revenue, Bonnier Corp. ranks in the top 10 nationally among publishing companies.
Bonnier Corp. was formed in March 2007 when Sweden’s Bonnier Group purchased 18 magazines from Time Inc. and combined those assets with its U.S. magazine partner, World Publications, creating a new company. Bonnier Corp.’s parent company, the Bonnier Group, is a 200-year-old media company based in Stockholm, with operations in more than 20 countries, including magazine divisions in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Spain.
Bonnier Corp. is known throughout the industry for its quality writing, design, photography and editorial excellence. The company is also known for producing quality custom publications, television programs, websites, events and marketing programs. It continues to seek new opportunities in its core markets and in related areas.
Bonnier is always seeking outstanding professionals to join our teams in California, Colorado, New York and Florida. If you have world-class skills in sales, business management, editing, art or photography, your next job could be there.
[highlight]Visit the listing here.[/highlight]