Discovery Communications, a nonfiction media company, reaches more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in more than 170 countries. Through TV and digital media, they are the home of: Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, The Science Channel, Planet Green, Military Channel, HD Theater, Discovery ID, Discovery Kids, Discovery Home Channel, Fit TV, petfinder.com, howstuffworks.com, treehugger.com, OWN and The Hub.
Discover Communications is seeking candidates for the position of copywriter in their Silver Spring, Md., office.
Discovery Creative is the in-house creative agency for Discovery Communications. They produce advertising and marketing campaigns in print, digital, on-air and out of home for all of Discovery communications networks and corporate initiatives.
This copywriter position will work primarily on the flagship network, Discovery Channel. They require an experienced advertising and marketing creative with strong creative writing skills in everything from headlines to long-form copy. He/she needs to have solid conceptual abilities, be a strategic thinker and be able to write for all media including print, digital and broadcast as well as branding and miscellaneous collateral applications.
This position will require versatility, flexibility and collaboration with other team members, especially art directors and designers.
- Provide creative and effective ideas and copy for advertising, marketing and general creative campaigns for Discovery Channel as well as other Discovery networks, as required.
- Collaborate with art directors to produce integrated campaigns as well as stand-alone pieces of work that are strategic, innovative and net measurable results.
- Work with Discovery Creative account services team to understand clients business and marketing needs.
- 3-6 years agency and/or creative broadcast marketing experience.
- Have solid experience creating work for print, out of home, digital, on-air, viral and guerrilla executions from concept all the way to production.
- College graduate with at least an under graduate degree in language arts, journalism, marketing or other degrees that serve the profession.
- Must have legal right to work in the United States.
- Work well under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
- Above average ability to sell ideas with passion, present work to clients in a clear and compelling manner and the capacity to process and incorporate client feedback.
- The ability to handle multiple projects at once, prioritize them properly and deliver first-rate work on each one.
To be considered for this position, please visit http://careers.discovery.com and where indicated, input requisition number 4544.
Please do not email, call, fax or mail in resume.
Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice. Not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. Discovery values the unique point of view each employee brings to the workplace. They strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich audiences we wish to attract and serve.
Discovery Communications and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers.