From the team over at Guns.com:
Are you a writer, a gun lover, a gun reviewer, a sales director, a social media expert, a multimedia master, an internet wiz? Do you want to work for Guns.com? We are always on the look out for inspired talent to join us on our mission in covering all aspects of the gun world.
Current positions available are both full time and part time — all positions can be fulfilled remotely.
If this is your first time on Guns.com, we are a daily web publication that covers a variety of subjects in the gun world from politics to gear reviews, and everything in-between. We reach more than 1.5 million readers a month, making us one of the largest firearm publications online.
For a full list of positions currently available, you can always check out the following link: http://www.guns.com/2013/12/02/job-openings-at-gunscom/.
ABOUT THIS JOB:
Guns.com is a daily web publication that covers everything from politics to culture to reviews as it relates to the gun world. We reach more than 1.5 million readers a month, making us one of the largest firearm publications online, and we are currently looking for a full-time Director of Digital Sales and Marketing to join our team.
The bulk of this position will be selling ad space on Guns.com, but it will require some marketing skills as well such copywriting, managing social media, and representing and spreading the Guns.com brand. This position will be responsible for the generating and growth of online advertising revenue for Guns.com, working with clients to customize limited ad packages, and actively search for and acquire new clients.
The ideal candidate is creative, independent, self-motivated, and can accomplish goals with minimal oversight. He/she knows and understands gun culture and industry, and has experience in digital sales. This is a great opportunity to accelerate a career in digital sales, work with a great staff, build a foundation and expand a role with a growing company.
- Manage Guns.com internal advertising inventory and properties
- Contact, acquire and maintain advertising clients
- Track and report on campaign performance/conversions
- Highlight and pursue currently undeveloped advertising opportunities and inventory
- Manage Guns.com marketing budget and deployment
- Identify marketing opportunities and relationships that will increase awareness of the Guns.com brand and increase readership
- Help continually develop and maintain a unified aesthetic for the Guns.com brand
- Produce and disseminate Guns.com newsletter
- Administer Guns.com social media properties
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 2 years minimum experience in marketing and sales
- An understanding of the Internet, Internet advertising and its benefits
- Knowledge of gun culture and industry preferred
- Strong personal and negotiation skills
- Online advertising inventory management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The desire and ability to aggressively search for new clients
- An ability to work independently and take leadership in responsibilities beyond expected requirements
- Detail oriented and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- A working knowledge of SEO best practices
- A deep understanding and interest in social media
The Director of Digital Sales and Marketing position is a full time position that offers salary and health care. For consideration, reply to this posting with a cover letter to email@example.com — please include the subject line ‘Director of Digital Sales and Marketing.’