Smith & Wesson has an immediate opening for a digital marketing/social media manager. This is an exempt, salaried, grade 11 position with a salary range of $71,500 – $107,300. The digital marketing/Social media manager will be responsible for helping to set and maintain the strategic direction for all Smith & Wesson, M&P, Performance Center, and Thompson/Center social media programs, created as a part of the overall Smith & Wesson marketing, public relations and communications platform. This position will oversee, monitor, administer, curate and post all content on Smith & Wesson’s social forums. This position also has primary responsibility for the design, content and leadership of the Smith & Wesson, Thompson/Center and Waltheramerica websites.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Leading the Smith & Wesson social media and digital marketing initiatives.
- Enhancing and maintaining the websites for Smith & Wesson, Thompson/Center and Waltheramerica brands.
- Establishing and coordinating the strategy to be best in class in digital marketing as part of their overall marketing strategy.
- Daily monitoring, management and engagement presence in social networking sites, engaging with customers on Smith & Wesson and T/C brand social sites, posting on relevant blogs and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Promotion of all marketing, PR, and communications projects and activations through social media.
- Creation of seasonal and monthly editorial calendars, monthly campaigns and promotional plans.
- Collaborate with customer service, product, and business departments to actively manage all social media communications and profile updates.
- Lead coordination on work planning schedule and roll-out of key PR tactics, brand, and team activities by month specifically for social media.
- Leveraging any and all education opportunities to learn best practices and developments in the social sphere from any and all partners and sharing this info with internal teams.
- Seeking out new online opportunities for Smith & Wesson brands, presenting breakthrough ideas and working with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Working closely with the Web creative team and brand marketing team to improve social integration.
- Establish measurements and use the right tools to track share of voice, reputation and sentiment, analyze and deliver key insights than can be used for strategic planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism or communications.
- Candidate must have 6+ years of digital and social media/marketing experience. Prefer social experience to be primary focus of current scope of responsibilities with skew toward consumer brands.
- Proven and substantive track record in formulating and driving marketing communications through digital engines targeting multiple audiences, as well as successful social media campaigns that resulted in tangible business results.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing and digital production. Proven experience delivering effective and innovative digital campaigns.
- Superior knowledge of social media, blogging, photo sharing, video sharing tools, platforms and applications.
- Familiarity with one or more enterprise listening and engagement platforms (Radian6, Sysomos, CoTweet, Spredfast, Involver/Webtrends).
- Strong understanding of SEO and how it is affected by social; familiarity with the latest Web development technologies and best practices is a bonus.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and writing skills, with the ability to communicate and engage with users online.
- Outstanding results as leader in a high-performing consumer goods business is a prerequisite; prior experience in outdoor goods industry preferred; intimate awareness of the firearms market strongly desired.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to travel.
If you are interested, and meet the requirements of this position, please log onto the Smith & Wesson website (www.smith-wesson.com), click on the Careers link at the bottom of the page and apply for the position.