Delta Waterfowl Foundation is looking to partner with an experienced Designer to help produce one of North America’s leading waterfowl conservation/hunting magazines.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years print design experience, an affinity for the outdoors and is looking to add another top-notch book to their portfolio.
- Create a new, engaging look for the magazine.
- Work with the senior editorial team to develop strategies for features and segments.
- Confirm the status of images, check proofs for color and ensure quality control.
- Ensure all layouts are clean, pre-flighted and well-prepared for pre-press.
- Some Photoshop work: clipping paths, color correction and image retouching.
- An exceptional portfolio of design work built on the ability to create appealing, highly visual work.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in applied arts or graphic design.
- First-rate knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and other Mac design programs.
- Uncommon attention to detail.
- Illustration and retouching skills are a bonus.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- High-level understanding of typography.
Delta Waterfowl Foundation has offices in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and Bismarck, N.D., but they anticipate this work can be successfully done from just about any location in North America. If interested, please forward resume to email@example.com.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.