Delta Waterfowl Foundation is looking for a full-time art director to help produce one of North America’s leading waterfowl conservation/hunting magazines. The art director will also play a key role in developing an integrated line of design products to support the foundation’s marketing and sales initiatives.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years print design experience and an affinity for the outdoors.
- Design five issues of Delta Waterfowl magazine per year.
- Work with the senior editorial team to develop strategies for features and segments
- Confirm the status of images, check proofs for color and ensure quality control
- Ensure all layouts are clean, pre-flighted and well-prepared for press
- Some Photoshop work: clipping paths, color correction and image retouching
- Work closely with the marketing team to create collateral, promotional and advertising pieces
- Support the sales team in creating necessary sales material
- Contribute design expertise to development of digital platforms
- An exceptional portfolio of design work built on the ability to create appealing, highly visual work
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in applied arts or graphic design
- First-rate knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and other Mac design programs
- Uncommon attention to detail
- Illustration and retouching skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High-level understanding of typography
- Excellent skills in developing a brand and keeping it consistent across media lines
Delta has offices in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and Bismarck, N.D., and preference will be given to candidates willing to work from one of these locations. Please forward resume to: email@example.com.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.