Delta Waterfowl, a leading conservation organization working in the United States and Canada to ensure the future of waterfowl and waterfowl hunting, is seeking an associate editor to work primarily on the organization’s membership magazine.
Key responsibilities include:
- Writing and editing features, columns, general news items and gear blurbs.
- Working with the editor to assist in all phases of magazine production.
- Developing stories around Delta Waterfowl programs.
- Professionally representing the organization in the field.
- Photographing events/hunts for publication.
- Writing items for presentation on Web and social media platforms.
- Generating press releases as needed.
The ideal applicant will possess a passion for conservation, hunting and storytelling. An ability and appetite to contribute engaging copy across all media platforms is highly desired, and the successful candidate must strive to become a valuable contributor to the Delta Waterfowl communications team. Degree in communications/journalism required.
Please send a letter of application, resume and 3 to 5 published work samples to editor Paul Wait, Delta Waterfowl, 1312 Basin Ave., Bismarck, N.D. 58504. Application can also be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Associate Editor” in the subject line.