The Communications Department of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. seeks an experienced, full-time Communications Specialist. The successful candidate will have a command of the English language, have excellent writing skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office software. The candidate must be an energetic self-starter who is detail-oriented, has the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time – and meet daily deadlines for each. Excellent communications skills are a must and the candidate must be able to work as part of a team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write, edit and distribute press releases to national, regional, state and local media
- Create copy for monthly e-newsletter and edit regional, national newsletters
- Write copy for the various DU websites
- Work with in-house video department to create scripts for DU video projects
- Place stories in national media outlets on a regular basis through follow-up calls
- Arrange interviews and support DU’s media relations efforts
- Attend and assist with DU media camps/events
- Represent DU at media conferences as assigned
- Some travel required
- Other duties as assigned
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or a related field with 2-3 years of verifiable experience preferred. Strong writing skills are mandatory. An understanding of the natural resources/conservation field is a plus. The position is located in Memphis, Tenn., at DU’s national headquarters and reports to the Director of Communications.
- Please fill out the application and pre-employment forms on our website at www.ducks.org, attach cover letter and resume and click submit, or to request application materials call the number below. Email resume and cover letter to: Tony Dolle, Director of Communications, Ducks Unlimited, Inc., One Waterfowl Way, Memphis, TN 38120; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 901-758-3937.
Ducks Unlimited is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.