Cabela’s, the “World’s Foremost Outfitter” of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, has an immediate opening for a Communications Specialist in our Communications department located at their corporate office in Sidney, Neb.
Join a corporate communications team tasked with managing the world-famous Cabela’s brand, building relationships with the most influential outdoor editors and writers across North America, and handling media, public and employee relations at the company’s headquarters in western Nebraska.
Essential activities and responsibilities:
- Creates and disseminates information, images and internal and external communications for media, public and employee relations.
- Supports and defends the brand through issue monitoring and management.
- Develops and fosters relationships with members of the media to create top-of-mind awareness and preferred status of the Cabela’s brand.
- Secures brand placement in print, broadcast and online editorial through media monitoring and pitches.
- Serves as a company spokesperson, representing the company at retail stores, conferences, trade shows, media trips, public functions and other events.
- Creates content for Cabela’s branding outlets, including print, broadcast and online venues.
- Supports all company channels and businesses with communication needs.
- Manages editorial calendar and serves as primary editor of Cabela’s Outfitter Journal magazine.
- This is NOT a telecommute position.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communication, journalism, public relations or a related field with a minimum 1 to 3 years of relevant experience.
- Hunting and/or fishing experience is required.
Cabela’s offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and generous product discounts. EOE.
Interested applicants should apply online. Visit Cabela’s career site at www.cabelas.jobs.