Bluegrass PRIDE is a nonprofit dedicated to providing environmental resources and information to schools, community groups, local governments and citizens in central Kentucky.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in public administration, environmental science, natural resource conservation and management or related field supplemented by three years experience in working with public service and/or environmental organizations, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Some general duties include:
- Provides face-to-face, telephone, and email assistance to potential recipients as they develop, apply, and implement Bluegrass PRIDE grants in their communities. (community, education and educator workshop grants)
- Ensures sub-grant activities are in compliance with federal and Bluegrass PRIDE policies and procedures, and tracks paperwork and correspondence accordingly.
- Be familiar with grant project schedules, and attend as many events (i.e. major workdays, etc.) as possible.
- Visits grant recipients to ensure work is being done in an effective, efficient manner in keeping with grant objectives.
- Serves as liaison between Bluegrass PRIDE and its counties, using the grant recipients as a springboard.
- Maintains contact with funding agency to make sure all procedures are followed.
- Prepare reports to funding agency as required by grant agreement.
- Works with grant committees to evaluate proposals for recommendation to the Executive Committee, and presents grant amendment requests to the Executive Committee as necessary.
- Recommends changes to the application, rating, monitoring, and administrative processes of current grant programs.
- Plans and leads all grant related trainings.
- Organizes all press conferences relating to monetary awards, and grant milestones (events, project completion, etc.).
- Recommends new programs related to the mission of the organization to the Executive Director.
- Provides support for the Executive Director and other Bluegrass PRIDE employees as needed.
- Represents Bluegrass PRIDE at meetings.
- Travels extensively throughout the service area.
- Performs related duties as required.
For a complete job description and application information, visit http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1296637299557rtzvgw9h.