- A junior, senior or post-graduate journalism student.
- Interested in outdoor activities and communications.
- Knowledge of AP style is a must.
- 10-15 hours per week.
- Writing features and researching articles.
- Editing and proofreading.
- Organizing and condensing press releases.
- The opportunity to help with publication layout and design.
Term: Fall semester
This is not a job communicating with general audiences but with seasoned professionals. If your skills are advanced and your skin is thick, you can expect career rewards that will far exceed the academic credit or stipend you’ll earn. Learn more about Outdoor Writers Association of America at https://owaa.org and OWAA’s publication, Outdoors Unlimited, at https://owaa.org/ou.
Send a cover letter, resume and work samples to Publications Editor Ashley Schroeder. Application deadline is Sept. 8.
Finalists will be interviewed, and the selected candidate will begin work as soon as possible.
Contact: Publications Editor Ashley Schroeder, 121 Hickory St., Ste. 1, Missoula, MT 59801; firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.