The International Game Fish Association is looking for your fishing feature articles to publish in our quarterly International Angler magazine and in the 2014 IGFA World Record Game Fishes book. They are primarily seeking stories that are instructional, educational, or technical in nature. Ideal articles will offer an interesting scope of species, techniques, science and conservation-based perspectives, and be applicable to their readers and members as they fish all over the world.
They invite you to take a look at recent issues of the International Angler and the 2013 IGFA World Record Game Fishes book for examples of the type of work they are currently accepting.
- October/November/December 2012 International Angler
- January/February/March 2013 International Angler
- 2013 IGFA World Record Game Fishes
Article length should range from 1200-2000 words and offer “did-you-know” type sidebars to compliment and support story ideas. Good photography is also a plus: photos need to be high resolution (300 dpi or greater). High resolution JPEGS are accepted.
If you have an interesting feature story concept and would like to submit the preliminary idea, then please send ideas at least one month prior to our content deadlines as follows:
- July/August/September 2013 International Angler deadline May 21, 2013
- October/November/December 2013 International Angler deadline: Aug. 20,2013
- January/February/March 2013 International Angler deadline: Nov. 19, 2013
- 2014 IGFA World Record Game Fishes deadline: Sept. 1, 2013
Please direct all story ideas and submissions to:
Adrian E. Gray
IGFA Production & Design
954-924-4237 (9 a.m.- 5 p.m. EST)