Grey Loon Marketing Group is looking for a talented communicator that can effectively tell a brand story and prove results for our clients via social media marketing and media relations.
Someone with a passion for bowhunting that is excited about both the technical aspects of the sport as well as the camaraderie of the deer-hunting lifestyle will excel in this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to develop, coordinate and execute media relations campaigns/strategies around clients products
- Write, edit and distribute press releases
- Coordinate and execute media events for clients
- Aggressive media pitching
- Attend trade shows and other industry events to cover media relations needs and schedules for the clients
- Research and develop programs for working with and managing relevant industry influencers
- Measure and report monthly performance of media efforts and track progress against goals
- Understand social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram, and stay up-to-date on changes to ensure that the platforms are being used in the best way possible
- Write content for blogs, promotional posts for social networks, and copy for websites as necessary. Define and implement social media strategy through competitive research, benchmarking, audience identification and evolving industry best practices
- Develop creative, and original methods to continually promote social media growth
- Be able to communicate directly with followers and fans, building strong relationships, and answering product/brand questions
- Collaborate with teammates to create social media visual assets that are on-brand and coincide with the overall marketing strategy for use on all social media channels and accounts.
- Attend trade shows and other industry events to cover from a social media perspective
- Provide regular analytics reporting of social channel growth, engagement, and effectiveness of our social campaigns
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, digital marketing or a related field — or, be prepared to show us why none of that matters and you’re our guy or girl
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in communications
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Must enjoy communicating with people and as a team player
- An understanding of digital marketing and the ability to link product value with lifestyle content
- Full understanding of the principles of social media through prior knowledge of and experience with social strategy, reporting, audience building, engagement optimization, etc.
- Familiarity with multiple analytics tools, KPIs, and reporting
To submit your resume for this position, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Gray Loon Marketing Group, visit www.grayloon.com.