Our mission at Backcountry, why we exist, is to connect people to their passions. Backcountry.com is the leading online retailer of premium outdoor gear. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate eight online specialty stores – Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Dogfunk, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, WhiskeyMilitia, and Chainlove.
We offer the opportunity of a lifetime where you can connect your career with your passions. Our mission – connect people to their passions – begins with our team members. We live and breathe the outdoor lifestyle, whether on land or water, snow or sand, road or trail. We seek out and hire the most amazing talent we can find to come be innovative, fresh, and inspiring to take us to the next level of being THE global leader in outdoor specialty retail.
About the Job
- Initiating requests for various editorial content needs
- Coordinating with editorial team members as required to secure supporting resources for stories
- Communicating with writers, photographers, and videographers about project statuses and due dates
- Helping to maintain the editorial calendar
- Assisting in the creation of editorial content progress reports
- Calmly and diligently juggling multiple, results-oriented initiatives under tight turnarounds
- Attending department meetings as required
- Superb project management skills and a proven track record managing multiple high-profile projects
- A particular attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with web publishing using a content management system preferred
- Strong ability to work under pressure, work independently, and track several products simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving capabilities
- Experience with JIRA, Basecamp, or other project-tracking software a plus
- Experience with HTML, XML, and CSS a plus
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals
We Use the Gear We Sell
We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and 401k with a company match! And… have we mentioned the perks yet? We USE the GEAR we SELL. All team members are eligible for our amazing discount on gear – on Backcountry and our other sites, via pro forms, and through local retailers and partners in all of our locations.
We’re a casual dress, fun, thriving dot-com with a great work environment and plenty of growth in our future for us and for you. Yes, there is more. A gear closet to fuel your passion to try new things before buying the gear yourself, adventure contests and leave to go explore, gold point recognition program with redemptions ranging from massages to gift cards to ski passes, fresh food co-op subsidies, and more. Lunchtime trail runs, group rides, powder mornings when based in Utah, and more. Does that appeal to you? It’s about a lifestyle, not just a job, and we support our team members in as many aspects of life as possible all while connecting them to their passions so we may better connect our customers with their passions.
Check us out in action here:
We are an Equal Opportunity & E-verify Employer. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background check and drug screen (for distribution center employees).