Bicycling, the world’s leading bike magazine, is currently seeking a bright, detail-oriented Editorial Assistant to support our editorial staff and the Editor-in-Chief.
Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.
Bicycling, the world’s leading bike magazine, is currently seeking a bright, detail-oriented Editorial Assistant to support our editorial staff and the Editor-in-Chief. This position will be an integral part of the day-to-day operations of Bicycling. Candidates must be able to maintain confidentiality, positive upbeat demeanor, and discretion at all times. The ideal candidate is stoked about bikes, energetic, and enjoys working with words and talking to fascinating people. The candidate should also be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, juggle various tasks at once, focus on details, and work well with individuals at all levels in the company. This role is located in our Emmaus, PA location.
- Assist print editors, the managing editor, the gear department, and the EIC
- Perform administrative duties including shipping, mailing, ordering supplies, tracking invoices, and writing and preparing reports and presentations
- Provide reporting and background research for stories and related Bicycling projects
- Pitch, write, and fact check stories for the magazine and website
- Assist with the development and execution of branded products
- Assist with tablet production, e-commerce, and other digital initiatives
- Actively participate in editorial staff meetings and brainstorming sessions
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or similar
- At least one year of experience working as an editorial assistant/intern
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and work independently
- Enthusiasm for publishing and the creative process
- An interest in the cycling lifestyle, or the willingness to embrace it
About Rodale Inc. Rodale Inc. is a global health and wellness content company based in Emmaus, Pennsylvania and New York, New York. Known for launching the organic movement in the U.S. in 1942, the company operates today with a mission to “inspire health, healing, happiness and love in the world. Starting with you.” Home to a broad portfolio of best-in-class brands, Rodale engages more than 100 million people globally through an array of products and services that include magazines, books, online, mobile, e-commerce, direct-to-consumer, social, video and events. With 100 editions in 67 countries, Rodale publishes the largest, most established health and wellness lifestyle brands, including Men’s Health, Prevention, Women’s Health, Runner’s World, Bicycling, and Rodale’s Organic Life. Rodale Books is the premier destination for wellness content with a purpose, publishing conversation-changing titles that include Jessica Alba’s The Honest Life, Alicia Silverstone’s The Kind Diet, former Vice President Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth, Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz’s Onward, Maria Rodale’s Organic Manifesto and Scratch, and Dave Asprey’s The Bulletproof Diet. The Rodale Books website, RodaleWellness.com, is a content and community hub where visitors can find inspiration and information from the world’s top wellness experts. Rodale also produces numerous branded experiences that draw more than 100,000 participants annually. Rodale is a certified member of The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and has received numerous industry accolades, including spots on Folio’s Top Places to Work in Media and Greatist’s Healthiest Companies in America lists, and has also been recognized as one of the Top 100 Best Adoption Friendly Workplaces.
Visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/ROD1002/JobBoard/90557af0-74c6-7054-79a7-ce77628a4c45/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=84d04709-fec2-4ffa-9250-176e0541431b to apply.