Manage and coordinate communications activities with endemic media to promote industry programs and points of view with an emphasis on digital online communications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create and manage content for NSSF’s various websites, blogs and social media channels.
- Writing assignments such as press releases, blog posts, articles for outdoor magazines and websites, etc.
- Represent industry at various industry related functions, meetings and conferences.
- Respond, often on very short notice, to requests from newspaper, radio and television media and act as organizational and industry spokesperson when needed.
- Actively seek opportunities to disseminate industry views and messages, official statements and positions with appropriate media and constituent groups.
- Editor/writer of Bullet Points e-newsletter.
- Represent industry, as appropriate, at meetings and conferences of media and communication professionals such as OWAA, POMA, SEOPA, etc.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of current events and issues that impact the firearms and ammunition industry.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: As assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: No noted requirements beyond commercial air travel and normal office-related operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years combined experience in communications, public relations and media relations.
- Extensive experience as a professional writer.
- Thorough knowledge of firearms-related issues and industry positions.
- Considerable hands-on working knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.
- Familiarity and first-hand experience with industry media networks.
- Proven ability to effectively deliver messages on television and radio.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively and on short notice.
- Proven excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A high degree of creativity is necessary.
- Proficiency with current Microsoft Windows applications and MS office suite products.
- Experience working with WordPress and basic knowledge of HTML preferred.
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter, resume and salary expectations to HR@nssf.org for consideration.