The Nature Conservancy is looking for a director of marketing in Kansas.
Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.
Topeka or other Kansas location, USA
WORK WITH US
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact for people and nature around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, major US cities and in your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
The Director of Marketing and Communications (Director) reports to the State Director and sets and implements strategies for marketing and communications for The Nature Conservancy of Kansas.
The Director is responsible for developing a strategic plan for marketing and communications for The Nature Conservancy of Kansas with goals such as:
- Elevating awareness of the chapter’s work among target audiences,
- Engaging stakeholders,
- Influencing conservation action, and
- Achieving revenue goals.
The Director is also responsible for implementing the strategic marketing platform, measuring progress against it, and recalibrating as necessary. This includes developing messaging and managing all aspects of communication and marketing for TNC of Kansas, such as media and marketing campaigns, social media, speaking engagements, donor recognition projects, newsletters, and the chapter’s website. The Director will create and promote content for various outlets, such as the chapter’s press releases, newsletters, website, social media, and internal communications.
The Director will communicate closely with field staff to identify opportunities to promote the organization and will take the lead on promotion initiatives. Some of the opportunities to promote the organization will be events, many of which the Director will be instrumental in planning.
As a member of the chapter’s management team, the Director will play a key role in making decisions.
The Director will work with staff, members of the Board of Trustees, vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure work products are consistent with marketing goals and aligned with priorities set by the Kansas management team.
The Director is responsible for the budget for marketing and communications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Works with the State Director and Management Team to develop plans, and manages and implements multiple projects by coordinating the work of other professionals inside and outside the organization.
- Accountable for achieving business and professional development goals and objectives.
- Financial responsibilities include planning and managing the marketing and communications budgets. Provides input to budget process for overall mission accomplishment.
- Opportunities to act independently within specific program or project goals. Work will be confirmed through collaboration with State Director and Management Team.
- Decisions have project- and program-wide impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 8 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience creating and implementing successful earned media strategies.
- Experience leading complex projects including measuring results of strategic implementation.
- Demonstrated excellent written communications skills; strong verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to persuasively convey the mission of TNC to diverse groups, including donors, trustees, and the public.
- Management experience including ability to motivate, lead, set objectives and manage performance of staff.
- Fosters and environment of creativity and professional growth.
- Communication and presentation skills; ability to persuasively convey the mission of TNC to diverse groups including donors, board members, and the public.
- Expert knowledge of current and evolving trends in relevant marketing disciplines.Cross disciplinary knowledge to support program objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 45308, please submit a resume and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on 28 April 2017.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of *The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.*
Job Title: Director of Marketing and Communications
Job ID: 45308
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Applications are due by April 28 and can be submitted online here: