The Mule Deer Foundation is seeking a Director of Marketing & Development to add to our team.
Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.
Position: Director of Marketing & Development
The Mule Deer Foundation is seeking a Director of Marketing & Development to add to our team. The Director of Marketing & Development, reporting to the President/CEO, is responsible for designing and executing marketing, communication and development strategies and tactics for the Mule Deer Foundation brand to meet organizational goals.”
- Create, manage and execute the Mule Deer Foundation marketing plan.
- Present the marketing plan and associated updates to the Board of Directors and the MDF leadership team as needed.
- Develop Key Performance Metrics for each aspect of the marketing plan and report performance on a regular basis to the President/CEO.
- Develop and manage all marketing campaigns and outreach programs (print, digital, TV).
- Partner with field fundraising teams to understand key local banquets and include these outreach efforts as part of the plan
- Coordinate with Director of Merchandise on working with potential sponsors and merchandise acquitsiton
- Database marketing
- Develop and manage the MDF National Event Calendar, including all key events for the organization (national conventions, local banquets, other events).
- Develop a roster of MDF Ambassadors to “carry the brand” to core membership groups and actively manage Brand Ambassadors to deliver on key ambassador measures.
- Provide MDF Brand Ambassadors with brand kits (branded wearables, product) and ensure gear is used to optimize brand perception
- Manage the Social (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc) function to optimize the way the MDF brand engages and interacts with Customers. Create a social media editorial calendar to ensure regular content is posted to engage membership and prospective membership base.
- Develop Key Performance Metrics for each social marketing channel and report performance on a regular basis to the COO.
- Manage publishing/editing of MDF Magazine and develop contacts with writers that can provide content for the magazine
- Create and manage the marketing budget, including a monthly budget review to ensure the budget is executed faithfully.
- Manage external marketing partners as needed.
- Coordinate and lead efforts in gaining funds from foundations, corporations, and individuals in close coordination with President/CEO, Director of Operations and Director of Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or a related field required
- Master’s in Business or Marketing preferred
- Ten years of progressively more responsible positions in marketing
- Experience in the Shooting, Hunting or Outdoor industry, preferably with a non-profit conservation organization
- Experience supervising and managing a professional marketing staff and outside marketing agencies or partners
- Ability to be a courageous leader and practice good followership in an environment of constant change
- Demonstrated ability to improve productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution
- Commitment to continuous learning.
We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, PTO and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
The position is located at MDF’s National Headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah. A relocation package may be negotiated.
How to Apply:
Email your resumé, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org