Ruffed Grouse Society/American Woodcock Society is looking for a digital media specialist.
Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.
Ruffed Grouse Society/American Woodcock Society
Supervisor: Director of Communications
Summary: The Digital Media Specialist will create, implement, manage and enhance content for the RGS/AWS website (www.ruffedgrousesociety.org), social media channels, email communications, other press/media markets and for print as needed. All content will engage existing members, recruit and retain new members, educate the public and raise awareness of the RGS/AWS mission to preserve our sporting traditions by creating healthy forests for ruffed grouse, American woodcock and other wildlife. The position will focus on using analytics and SEO to optimize strategic communications and to increase digital engagement, membership recruitment and fundraising opportunities.
This position will be responsible for:
- Providing hands-on creation, implementation and management of the media plan to ensure that the organization’s short and long-term communications goals and objectives are met.
- Building specific communications structures and strategies per individual digital channel to align with long-term organizational objectives.
- Monitoring, managing and updating content on all digital media channels on a daily basis while engaging in digital dialogue with members and public through social communications channels.
- Identifying opportunities, through digital analytics, to increase engagement of RGS/AWS members, the public, email lists, social media channels and website traffic to meet organizational mission objectives.
- Evaluating and proposing other new and emerging digital media platforms for expanding the reach and impact of RGS/AWS messaging.
- Ensuring all members, potential members, donors and partners will have the opportunity to connect with RGS/AWS at all digital points of entry.
- Working with RGS/ AWS staff to develop and implement digital media content through web, social media, email, press release and video.
- Coordinating with appropriate staff to ensure that all communications and messaging is effectively planned and consistently implemented.
- Continually revisiting and analyzing current communication structures so they meet the needs of all associated RGS/AWS programs.
- Working with the magazine editor to create and enhance print communications as necessary.
- Working with the digital marketing specialist on fundraising and marketing opportunities as necessary.
- Working with the communication department and other RGS/AWS staff to develop and implement strategies to market new member campaigns, membership communications, promotions and events.
Qualifications and Key Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or related field
- Team player with developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent writing and grammar skills with editing and/or copy editing experience preferred
- Photography and photo-editing experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Technical ability to manage web, email and social media applications (Facebook, YouTube, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter, blogs, etc.)
- Ability to develop and implement marketing strategies and plans intended to enhance media presence, member engagement and public education
- Ability to develop strategies from measurable analytics
- Ability to work with numerous staff to develop and deliver content
- Ability to understand and communicate the RGS/AWS mission including the benefits of scientific forest management and hunting-related initiatives
- Familiarity and experience with hunting, firearms and/or bird dogs preferred
- Position located at RGS/AWS headquarters in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania.
Application & Deadline
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Editor & Director of Communications Matt Soberg by email MattS@RuffedGrouseSociety.org or mail 451 McCormick Road, Coraopolis, PA 15108. The application deadline is March 1, 2017.