Do you have a passion for producing engaging content?
Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.
Title: Content & Communications Manager
Department: Marketing Services
Division: Hunting Division
Reports to: Director of Marketing Services
Location: Birmingham, AL Job ID: 7115
General Description: Do you have a passion for producing engaging content? Do you love hunting? We have an exciting opportunity within the Hunting Division of PRADCO Outdoor Brands. The Content & Communications Manager will be responsible for all copy, content, and communications activities within the Marketing Services department. In addition to producing copy, the Content & Communications Manager will manage “Messaging Calendars” for each of our four hunting brands, planning the content needs and distribution for the entire year. The ideal candidate will also manage relationships with outdoor publications and writers within the industry.
Scope & Responsibilities:
• A primary responsibility will be copywriting for product websites, packaging, user guides, eCommerce, press releases, blog posts, email, brand content articles and video scripts. Consult with internal clients (Brand, Product, and Marketing Managers) to define content needs, produce needed copy, review and revise until approved by client.
• Create and manage Messaging Calendars for each hunting brand, in consultation with Brand Managers. • Assist in distribution of content through various channels (press releases, social media, etc.)
• Manage additional, external copywriting resources as needed.
• Manage media relations for the Hunting Division. Write and distribute Press Releases, follow-up with media contacts, attend trade shows, participate in writer hunts, etc. Basic Qualifications: • B.S. or B.A. from an accredited college/university with stronger consideration for Journalism, English, Marketing, or related fields
• 5 years’ experience with demonstrated success in copywriting, journalism, editing or related work, preferably in the outdoor industry. Experience successfully managing projects from initiation to completion.
• Proven content writing and editorial skills and a high attention to detail.
• Experience with Public Relations. Articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Must have a high level of energy with strong organizational and time management skills. Reliable self-starter with strong creative thinking, analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills Preferred Qualifications:
• Background and interest in hunting and outdoor sports and/or experience in the outdoor sporting goods industry
• Familiarity with Google AdWords and Analytics
Additional Skills Needed:
• Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office Suite
• Have an unrelenting positive attitude
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Ability to multi-task on multiple projects concurrently and willing to switch focus quickly
• Understanding of SEO, SEM, keyword and metadata optimization
Interested candidates should apply by going to the “Careers” section of www.ebscoind.com and searching for Job ID #7115