The Communications Specialist serves as the primary content development and public relations officer for the Conservation Federation of Missouri (CFM).
<em><b>Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.</b></em>
POSITION TITLE: Communications Specialist
SALARY RANGE: $30,000 – $35,000
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
CLOSING DATE: July 25, 2014
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Communications Specialist serves as the primary content development and public relations officer for the Conservation Federation of Missouri (CFM). The Communications Specialist is focused on magazine, website and social media content development and distribution. Content consists of writing, photography and videography. The Communications Specialist must be competent at both interpersonal and written communications. The Communications Specialist must be capable of capturing quality photographs and video. Graphic design skills are a plus. The Communications Specialist serves as the primary CFM liasion to the media and is responsible for developinging earned media. The Communications Specialist will oversee the development and distribution of CFM marketing materials. The Communications Specialist will complete other duties deemed necessary by the Executive Director to assure the effective promotion of the Conservation Federation of Missouri.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the Executive Director’s management, the Communications Specialist is responsible for the duties set forth below:
1. Direct the development of a coordinated communications plan to include Missouri Wildlife magazine, the CFM website, social media platforms, event promotion, marketing materials, public relations and media outreach.
2. Serve as the content development coordinator for Missouri Wildlife magazine.
- Write articles and supply photographs
- Obtain content from the outdoor media
- Obtain content from the CFM Affiliate Partners
3. Develop and implement CFM’s social media communications plan to include at a minimum, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
4. Develop and implement a communications plan for promoting regional conservation events with day programs and evening banquets in select cities around Missouri.
5. Serve as a staff liaison to CFM committees in support of their annual activities and actions prescribed in CFM’s strategic plan.
6. Complete other duties deemed necessary by the Executive Director to assure the effective operation of the Conservation Federation.
CONTACT: Submit resume, cover letter and applicable samples to Micaela Haymaker at firstname.lastname@example.org