Works directly with the President on communications to AFFTA members, media, affiliate groups and the general public. Produces content ranging but not limited to press releases, blog posts, bi-monthly e-newsletter, AFFTA Member Benefits, IFTD Advertising, IFTD Show Schedules etc.
Outbound material (press releases, membership letters, etc.)
• Produces content and/or proofread documents that AFFTA and the Board of Directors
distribute to members, prospective members, affiliate groups etc.
• Manage and distribute press releases through MailChimp and other platforms.
AFFTA website and social media outlets (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
• Develop and maintain plan of annual content updates
o Press releases, AFFTA news updates, trade news updates
o Promoting new/relevant areas of website
o Weekly blog posts that are relevant to the industry, either via product news and
o Cultivate a solid list of online press contacts (bloggers, e-zine editors, etc.) that can innovations or conservation/politics/legislative issues that impact the industry. easily be reached and engaged as needed when important AFFTA news is at hand
• Develop and maintain AFFTA/IFTD Social Media Policy and Social Media Strategy.
• Develop a monthly strategy for content on Social Media
• Ensure social media outlets are updated when we send out email blasts, etc.
• Update Social Media profiles with photos, videos.
• Respond to comments, questions on Social Media.
• Engage in fly fishing and/or communications-related conversations on Social Media.
• Promote AFFTA members and affiliate groups on Social Media
• Cultivate a list of mainstream and industry-specific media contacts that we can reach out to on a moment’s notice.
• Work with communications staffers from AFFTA members (companies, orgs, etc.) to ensure proper promotion of the industry and AFFTA.
• Be a dependable resource for reporters, editors and producers on industry news
• Assist co-workers as needed.
• Attend annual IFTD shows and/or other events at the discretion of the President.
• Help with marketing plans.
• Research ways to improve services to members, with goals to:
o Drive all AFFTA communications through social media to the AFFTA/IFTD websites
o Improve AFFTA.com and IFTD.com focusing on content and navigation.
o Help members understand the communications benefits of AFFTA and how we can help their business’ grow
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or 3-5 years experience in related field.
• Skilled in MS Office, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
• Working familiarity with Google products and WordPress or similar content management systems
• This is a paid Part-time Position 20-25 hrs a week, Salary is D.O.E.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org